This month’s recipe for pan-fried lamb fillets with red wine is a perfect winter warmer. The recipe was provided by Margaret Durie, wife of Rotary Club of Hall member, Robert Durie.
Ingredients (most of these are available from Market stallholders)
– Cook the potatoes in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 15–20 minutes, or until tender.
– Add the snow peas and cook for another minute. Drain the vegetables, return to the pan and toss gently with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
– Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan and cook the lamb fillets over medium-high heat for 4–5 minutes or until cooked, but still pink inside. Remove from the pan, cover and keep warm.
– Add the wine, redcurrant jelly and thyme to the pan and bring to the boil. Boil rapidly for 5 minutes, or until reduced and syrupy. Stir in the butter.
– To serve, slice the lamb on the diagonal, divide among the plates and spoon over some sauce on top. Serve with the vegetables.
Subscribe to receive important notifications about the Market straight to your inbox. We'll keep you updated about market closures, special events and any change to access.