This month’s recipe for pan-fried lamb fillets with red wine is a perfect winter warmer. The recipe was provided by Margaret Durie, wife of Rotary Club of Hall member, Robert Durie.
Ingredients (most of these are available from Market stallholders)
– Cook the potatoes in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 15–20 minutes, or until tender.
– Add the snow peas and cook for another minute. Drain the vegetables, return to the pan and toss gently with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
– Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan and cook the lamb fillets over medium-high heat for 4–5 minutes or until cooked, but still pink inside. Remove from the pan, cover and keep warm.
– Add the wine, redcurrant jelly and thyme to the pan and bring to the boil. Boil rapidly for 5 minutes, or until reduced and syrupy. Stir in the butter.
– To serve, slice the lamb on the diagonal, divide among the plates and spoon over some sauce on top. Serve with the vegetables.