Christmas is almost upon us again, and with the closing of the year, ‘tis the season for family, friends, and festive food. One thing that you can guarantee every Christmas is that there will be fresh and in season produce readily available at the Capital Region Farmers Market.
Some of our stallholders have created exclusive Christmas products, which are bound to put a smile on any shopper’s face. Head on down to Market to find all our festive stallholders and try the best of their seasonal produce.
- Altina Drinks: With Christmas festivities and Australia’s strong drinking culture, sometimes we need to relax with a zero-proof alternative. Altina Drinks has the best mocktails in Canberra, which will prove to be surprisingly satisfying to all who try them.
- Jasper and Myrtle: Chocolate is a staple to any Christmas celebration, and now Jasper and Myrtle are adding to the festivities with Santa-shaped chocolates. Made from the freshest beans of Peru and Papua New Guinea, Li Peng and Peter (the owners) are bringing the finest in chocolatier practices to Canberra.
- Murray River Smokehouse: As one of the oldest businesses at the Capital Region Famers Market – dating back to the early 1930’s – Murray River Smokehouse are undoubtably experts in the smoked meats game. This Christmas, they are offering their traditional smoked hams as well as alternatives like smoked venison, duck, and trout. Check them out to see their full range of smoked meats this summer.
- Simply Lentils: If you want to get into the Christmas spirit, but don’t want to eat meat, Simply Lentils has you covered. Their vegetarian wellington lentil kit is the perfect substitute for the Christmas staple.
- Bush Breads of Australia: If you are looking for an indulgent dessert to bring to a celebration, or to enjoy on your own, look no further than the home-made sticky date pudding at Bush Breads of Australia. This dish is sure to dazzle anyone who tries it and bring together the whole family.
- Wagga Free Range Pork: Market favourites Wagga Free Range Pork are getting into the Christmas spirit with their latest offering – a cherry and pomegranate pork sausage. The perfect ‘cherry on top’ for your summer barbeque cook up, these snags will are perfect for any get together with friends or family this Christmas.
- Origin Bake: With their white pillowy tops, a traditional marzipan stollen is sure to evoke thoughts of Christmas. Origin Bake also offers an alternative chocolate and cranberry option, as well as classic gingerbread cakes.
- Teacher’s Pet: Christmas is the time for giving, and who better to give to then your canine friend. Teacher’s Pet offers a range of Christmas crackers for dogs that are sure to be reciprocated in love and affection. Teacher’s Pet also offers complete meals for dogs which will save you time when cooking your Christmas feast.
- Rosa’s Home Bake: If you are looking for a more traditional option Rosa’s Home Bake has all your favourite Christmas puddings on offer. Home-made with love by Rosa, all these puddings and cakes are sure to be a homely addition to any Christmas celebration.
- Farmhouse Pet Treats: For more canine-friendly food, check out Farmhouse Pet Treats for a selection of festive treats. Farmhouse Pet Treats prides itself on sustainable practices, and actively works to reduce “food miles” through buying locally. So, this Christmas season give a gift to your dog and the environment by purchasing from Farmhouse Pet Treats.
These are only some of the stallholders offering new and innovative produce this Christmas season. After a long lockdown it is more important than ever to support our stallholders, and what better way than catching up with friends and family over some good food.
Pop on by and see the full range of festive stalls and vendors to create a Christmas to remember.