– Remove seeds from the cherries and stone fruits.
– Cut into small bite size pieces.
– Dissolve sugar in some water to make a stock syrup.
– Place fruit into the syrup and cook out until softened.
– Place into a baking dish ready for baking.
– Meanwhile, for your crumble topping, use your fingers to lightly rub the flour into the butter till the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
– Stir in the oats, the rest of the sugar and the ginger and coconut (You can make the topping in a food processor. Just whack in the flour, butter, sugar and ginger and whizz up. Add the oats and coconut for the last 10 seconds).
– Sprinkle the topping over the fruit and bake for 40–45 minutes, or until the fruit is bubbling up and the topping is golden.
Subscribe to receive important notifications about the Market straight to your inbox. We'll keep you updated about market closures, special events and any change to access.