– Remove seeds from the cherries and stone fruits.
– Cut into small bite size pieces.
– Dissolve sugar in some water to make a stock syrup.
– Place fruit into the syrup and cook out until softened.
– Place into a baking dish ready for baking.
– Meanwhile, for your crumble topping, use your fingers to lightly rub the flour into the butter till the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
– Stir in the oats, the rest of the sugar and the ginger and coconut (You can make the topping in a food processor. Just whack in the flour, butter, sugar and ginger and whizz up. Add the oats and coconut for the last 10 seconds).
– Sprinkle the topping over the fruit and bake for 40–45 minutes, or until the fruit is bubbling up and the topping is golden.