– Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
– Make a caramel with the sugar and a little water and remove from heat once the desired colour has been reached.
– Melt in the butter.
– Place the halved figs over the base of the pan.
– Cut a round from the pastry to fit over the layered figs, tucking in at the edge.
– Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden and puffed.
– Stand in the pan for 5 minutes.
– Turn out onto a plate.
– Sprinkle goat’s cheese and cracked pepper over the top to serve.
Subscribe to receive important notifications about the Market straight to your inbox. We'll keep you updated about market closures, special events and any change to access.