Black Lentils and Kale Salad
Recipe by Ivonne Nathan of forchefs
- 100 gm(½ cup) black Lentils
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 10 young kale ribs (about 1 bunch), trimmed and sliced, plus a handful of leaves, rubbed to soften and coarsely chopped, to serve
- 2 tbsp chicken stock or water
- 1 golden shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coarsely chopped mint
- 40 gm (¼ cup) smoked almonds, coarsely chopped
Feta and mustard dressing
- 80 gm Persian feta
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Cook quinoa in a small saucepan of boiling water until tender (10-14 minutes).
- Drain well and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, add garlic and stir until tender and light golden (1-2 minutes).
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add kale ribs and cook, turning occasionally, until blistered (2-4 minutes), then add chicken stock and cook until ribs are tender and stock is evaporated (4-6 minutes).
- Toss in leaves and transfer to a platter.
- Combine ingredients in a bowl, then add to quinoa with shallot, mint, almonds and reserved garlic and toss to combine.
M 0448 975 478 E email@example.com www.rgt.com.au