Brandy Brulee with Cherry compot
Recipe by Ivonne Nathan of forchefs
• 500g cherries, pitted to give 300g, halved
• ½ 1tsp vanilla essence
• 110g sugar
• 2 tsp arrowroot
• 6 egg yolks
• 100g sugar
• 30ml brandy
• 170ml milk
• 470ml cream
– Put cherries, vanilla, sugar & 2 tbsp water into a pan. Bring gently to a simmer and stir to dissolve sugar. Simmer for 5 or 6 minutes until slightly thickened.
– Take 1 tbsp liquid from the pan and mix with the arrowroot to form a paste. Add this back in and bring back to the boil. Simmer for 2 minutes then divide it among the ramekins or oven proof glasses. Chill until set.
– Preheat oven to 120C
– Whisk sugar, yolks and brandy together. Pour cream & milk in and combine well. Strain and pour into moulds.
– Place in a tray and fill with hot water 2/3 up the sides. Cover with loosely with foil and bake for 30 min or until custards have set
– Cool, then sprinkle with a little caster sugar and use torch to make the toffee crust
Subscribe to receive important notifications about the Market straight to your inbox. We'll keep you updated about market closures, special events and any change to access.