Because Minto Galloways has just been awarded for their beef yet again, this month we bring you a recipe for Warm salad of steak with asparagus, butter beans and tomato (page 42 of the recipe book). The recipe was provided by stallholders Greg and Chris Stuart from Minto Galloways
– Combine the vinegar and mustard in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add the steaks and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge for 30 minutes to marinate. Preheat oven to 200°C.
– Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the tomato and onion on the tray and spray with olive oil spray. Sprinkle chili flakes and season with pepper. Roast in oven for 15 minutes or until the tomato is just tender.
– Meanwhile, cook the asparagus in a saucepan of boiling water for 2–3 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well. Place the asparagus and butter beans in a large bowl.
– Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Drain the beef from the marinade and spray with olive oil. Cook the beef for 2–3 minutes each side. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
– Add the tomato mixture and basil to the asparagus mixture and toss to combine. Thinly slice the beef across the grain. Divide the salad among the serving plates.
– Top with the beef and drizzle over extra vinegar to serve.
Subscribe to receive important notifications about the Market straight to your inbox. We'll keep you updated about market closures, special events and any change to access.